The IQAC meeting was held on 2-7-2008 at the beginning of the academic year 2007-08 to chalk out the plan of action and the results to be achieved at the end of the year towards the quality enhancement.
The plan of action was chalked out in the form of calendar of events of different Departments and Associations for quality improvement in teaching, learning and evaluation system, along with extension as well as research activities on the campus. A complementary plan of action was chalked out in the field of extra curricular activities.
Calendar of Events (Curricular & Co-curricular activities) :
CALENDAR OF ACTIVITIES 2007-08
Admission to B.A. & B.Com degree Courses and issue of Bus Pass
III rd Week July 2007
Orientation Programme for B.A. & B.Com I st Semester students
Independence Day Celebration
II nd III rd week of August
Students selection for NSS & Scouts units
Inauguration of Sports and cultural Activities
Teachers Day celebration
International Literacy Day observation
II nd Week of September 2007
I st Test
Ozone Day celebration by the “Environment Forum”
October I st Week
Cultural Programmes and celebration of Gandhi Jayanti
“Youth Week “ observation with Swami vivekanand Jayanti celebration
Republic Day observation
III rd week of Jan 2008
I st Test
National Science Day Celebration Debate Competition
International women’s Day celebration
II nd week of March
II nd Test
Last week of March
First week of April
Health check-up Programme
Workshop on “Personality Development : under Students welfare section & Commerce Department
Workshop on better prospects in the field of higher education
Last week of April
Annual Day celebration prize distribution and parent-teachers Association meet
The plan of action formulated by IQAC in the beginning of the year towards quality enhancement was systematically and effectively executed. The outcome of the activities in the above mentioned aspects are highlighted in the ‘B’ Part.
1) Activities reflecting the goals and objectives of the institution :
Activities reflecting goals and objectives of the institution for the year 2007-08
Significant changes in the question paper pattern are brought to the notice of students and valuable tips are given for the examination preparation.
Question Paper Bank in different subjects is maintained in the library for benefit of students.
Hall ticket with candidate’s photograph is issued.
5) Initiative towards faculty Development programmes: For the professional empowerment and updating the knowledge of the subjects taught, many staff members attended state, national seminars, conferences & workshops.
6) Details of research scholars :
The Following teachers are awarded Ph.D. degree for their research works
1) Prof. B.C.Patil Dept. of Geography has been conferred with Ph.D. Degree for his thesis on “Integrated Watershed Development and Land Use Analysis of Bijapur District” by Karnatak University, Dharwad.
2) Prof. R.A.Shastrimath Dept. of Sociology has been conferred with Ph.D. Degree for his thesis on “Health Awareness Programme under NGO’s: A Case Study of Belgaum Districtt” by Karnatak University, Dharwad.
3) Prof. S.G.Naik Dept. of History has registered for award of M.Phil degree.
7) Honors /Awards to the faculty : NIL 8) Community Services:
In keeping with rich tradition of our college in extending community services to the needy we have further continued our humane service to the flood affected areas. Our NSS and Scouts Units have rendered excellent service to the affected people. Readymade food, cloths, medicines, bedding, food grains and etc. were taken to the flood affected area for the distribution.
All the staff members and students actively get involved in pulse polio drive, national literacy mission program, health check-up camps Various awareness programs, Guest Lectures, Ten days special camp in the adopted village have helped us extend our humble service to the community.
9) Teaching & Non-teaching staff ratio
Regular : 2:1.1
Regular & Temporary : 2.3:1.1
10) Improvements in the library services
News paper and journal clippings of new arrivals are displayed on the library notice board for the information of students and teachers.
In the beginning of the year our college librarian provides information regarding Books, Journals, Magazines & reference books available in the college. The same are lent for reading on ID cards.
Special facilities are provided to the poor but meritorious students.
Separate counter for the issue and return of books is made available for the students class wise.
Library is kept open for 13 hours a day (7 a.m. to 8 p.m.) before the commencement of the final examination.
The functioning of Library work is partially automated.
11) New books/Journal subscribed & their value
Total volumes : 15854
Total number of titles : 8000
Total number of periodicals : 23
Journals / Magazines : 05
News paper : 09
News Letter : 02
No. of books purchased in 2007-08 : 741 (Volumes)
Amount : Rs. 66,496.00
12) Courses in which students assessments of teachers is introduced & the
action taken on student feed back
I. B.A. II. B.Com
The feed back is collected on the redesigned syllabus.
A feed back from the students is collected on teachers performance by the Principal. Any dereliction in delivering goods is brought to the notice of the concerned staff members. For further improvement in quality and performance principal discusses the matter with the management committee.
13) Unit cost of education:
Arts and Commerce Including Salary : Rs. 19,932/-
Excluding Salary : Rs. 7,839/-
14) Computerization of administration, process of admission, examination
results and issue of certificates:
* Computerization of the administration and process of administration is done partially
* Results of the I.A. Marks are displayed on the notice board of college.
* Well complied students profile is maintained for future reference.
15) Increase in the infrastructural facilities:
* Construction of Gymnasium building is initiated.
* A spacious and well furnished Geography Laboratory Building with the assistance of X th
Plan UGC grants is completed.
* The construction work of women’s hostel is in progress.
18) Activities and support from the Alumni Association:
Alumni Association Meeting was held on 8-3-2008 in the college Auditorium Hall after the celebration of Womens Day to discuss the enhancement of quality and employability among students keeping in view the changing demands of job markets. The valuable suggestions from alumni are noted and sincere efforts are made in the direction. We made on appeal to our well placed alumni to assist the needy students in the form of the cash or kind as part of their yeoman service.
19) Activities and support from the Parent –Teachers Association :
PTA Meeting was held on: 31-3-2008 in the college Auditorium Hall to discuss the achievements and progress made by their wards in the curricular and co-curricular activities after joining our college. Parents are given enough time to speak about their expectations from the college in molding the minds of their wards in the career building. If any of the parents in the meeting brings any failings or short comings in his wards behavior the same is corrected by the way of counseling on the campus.
20) Health services:
* Our Health Center provides health services to the students and faculty members. Dr. S.M. Baragi, Physician, regularly visits our college campus to provide timely medical service to the needy.
* It is mandatory for all students to undergo yearly medical check-up test.
21) Performance in sports activities:
Name of the Participant
Mahesh K. Malawad B.A.II
K.U. Inter College Athletic Kho-Kho Selection Trials Karnatak University
Sports persons representing the college at the University and Inter – University and State are given Rs. 45,000/- in the form of following incentives
T.A. & D.A.
Free Nutritious diet.
Sports Kit comprising spikes, track suit etc.
Free medical and Health care.
23) Student achievement and awards:
* Every year bright and meritorious students are honored and rewarded for their excellent performance in curricular and co-curricular activities. The concepts of Best Boy and Best Girl keeps the students motivated in achieving the award. There are more prizes announced for securing highest marks in each subjects. Outstanding sports achievements are honored with cash prizes and citation.
24) Activities of the Guidance and Counseling unit:
* In the wake of growing demands for the employable fresh graduates by the multinational companies we have started extensive training in communication and analytical skills. We also provide guidance and counseling to the students desirous to earn and earn. The college provides Employment, Career guidance and placement facilities to the job aspirants. These services are provided through the Employment Information, Career Guidance and Placement Cell of the College. The career counselling is also done by the cell all through the year. We are satisfied with our students success in the campus interview conducted by Infosys at Nippani. 15 students got through the written test. Finally six of our students got selected to work in Infosys BPO.
25) Development Programmes for non-teaching Staff:
* Our college non-teaching staff is relieved to attend various trainings whenever the need
arises for the effective office work. All office work is partially automated.
26) Healthy practices of the institution:
* To succeed in our vision i.e., Mind Molding and Nation Building, we all work in cohesion, creating congenial working environs. Our college provides healthy and congenial environs for the promotion of meaning healthy practices. Many renown seers, spiritual leaders and yoga gurus are invited to provide spiritual strength to carry on the teaching learning activities in fruitful manner.
27) Any other relevant information the institution wishes to add:
The institution has maintained the vibrant accreditation and post accreditation quality spirit in true sense of the term. The introduction of Semester system has increased the responsibility of both students and teachers. Our college has become hub of many activities contributing to many meaningful constructive works in society.
The Final Year Semester system (2007-08) has been successfully implemented.
Explain the plans of the institution for the next year
Preparation of institutional Master Plan.
Encouraging faculty members to go for Minor Research Projects.
Innovative and more fruitful measures to implement the semester system.
Faculty development programme through organizing and attending seminars/workshops and conferences.
Inviting successful entrepreneurs of the neighboring areas to address and inspire our students for the independent entrepreneurship.
Updating the knowledge of subjects with the help of internet facility available on the campus. Keeping students a breast of the latest development in the field of ICT.
Arranging study tours, picnics and field visits.
Effective working of Grievance Redressal Cell to bring in more accountability on the part of faculty members.
Providing scope and opportunities for co-curricular activities for the all-round personality development of the stake holders.
Providing training to the students for the campus interviews and job fairs.
More incentives for better performance of the students in the form of cash prizes and awards.
Preparation of proposal for UGC XI th Plan grants under different schemes.