2.11 No. of meetings with various stakeholders: No.06 Faculty 03
Non-Teaching Staff Students Alumni Others
2.12 Has IQAC received any funding from UGC during the year? Yes No
If yes, mention the amount
2.13 Seminars and Conferences (only quality related)
(i) No. of Seminars/Conferences/ Workshops/Symposia organized by the IQAC
Total Nos. International National State Institution Level
1. The Art of telling Tales
2. Self Employment
3. Campus Interview
2.14 Significant Activities and contributions made by IQAC:
Actions Taken on the AQAR of the Previous Year A proposal for one day National level seminar has been sent by IQAC on the Topic “The Role of Acadamic and Administrative Audit for quality Enhancement of Educational Institution” Dated 4/3/2016 ..
Department of politacal science and Department of History has sent reminder letter for one day state level seminar
2. College organized three one day Workshops under Shivaji University Lead College Scheme on the following Topics:
3. Faculty Members engaged in Minor Research Projects Funded by UGC. Pune
4. The IQAC motivates the entire Faculty to participate in refresher, orientation and short term courses organized by various institutions
5. The IQAC motivated the Faculty Members to Participate in National, International, Seminars, Workshops, and Conferences. As a result 78 papers were published in national & international journals .and 100 research papers have been presented by our faculty in workshops, seminars , conferences organized at different colleges Some of the teachers edited chapters in Self Instruction materials (SIM) of their subjects for the students who enrolled in Distant Education.
6. The College has continued Competitive Examination Centre.
7. The college promoted teachers for PG teaching, MPhil & PhD.
8. The college also promoted C.H.B. Faculty to participate in seminars, conferences, workshops along with their research papers.
9. The college also promoted students to participate in seminars, conferences, workshops along with their research papers.
9. The College promoted students to participate in various Sports event and fifteen students participated in Sports. Like chess , Cross country and athletic at university level.
10. As per plan the library added good number of Books, Journals, and Magazines, Reference books.
11. The College Formed Women Development cell which organizes various lectures to guide the students improving their health, confidence and overall personality development
12. As per the University rules and regulations, the college formed “Internal Complaints Committee ” comprising of the Principal and Three Members .
13. The college has continued remedial teaching for SC/ST/OBC students.
14. College has special cell which guides about various scholarship schemes.
15. The IQAC in association with Staff Academy of the college organized a lecture series in which the faculty members delivered lectures on different topics.
16. The college encouraged NSS volunteers and NCC Cadets to perform moral duties in society for the awareness of social issues, many students were involved in activities like blood donation, AIDS awareness rally, Save Baby girl rally, Road Safety Week, Jaundice Awareness, Plantation Programme, Save Water Rally, Water Pollution awareness, and Campus and village Cleanliness drive, Black Stream cleanliness drive, Haemoglobin Check-up, Eye sight test Camp, Tree Plantation, Ten Days Boarding Camp, Eye donation Awareness camp.
2.15 Plan of Action by IQAC/Outcome:
The plan of action chalked out by the IQAC in the beginning of the year towards quality Enhancement and the outcome achieved by the end of the year
To cater needs of slow learners, repeaters and to develop and enhance professional employability of the students throughout the year.
Improvement of library facilities particularly increasing books, magazines, journals and e journals, reprography etc.
To conduct Academic and Administrative Audit(AAA) by Sanstha’s Vidya Samiti
Promoting for research and motivating the faculty for faculty development programmes like M.Phil, PhD, major. minor projects, attending national international seminars workshops conferences ,presenting and publishing research papers.
The college suggested the faculty members to prepare Question Banks for students.
The Research committee suggested the students to prepare research papers of their of respective subjects.
The department of Home Science has planned to display the food stalls and rakhi stalls prepared by the students.
Achievements: In order to cater the needs of slow learners, the remedial classes were conducted effectively.
We guided the repeated students
A special guidance of advanced learners was given by the faculty for their enrichment.
The Competitive examination Cell guided the students for preparing various competitive exams.
The computerization of library is under progress and a software from Biyani company has been installed .
The Academic and Administrative Audit (AAA)of the college was conducted on 22/8/2016
Seventy Eight research papers published. and Hundred research papers have been presented
Question bank prepared by faculty members benefited the students.
* Attach the Academic Calendar of the year as Annexure. ( Please refer Annexure I- Attached) √
2.15 Whether the AQAR was placed in statutory body Yes No
Compliances under Sanstha’s Internal and Academic and Administrative Audit (AAA) Inspection Committee for the year 2015-2016 visited on 22/08/2015
As per Sanshta’s policy and decision of Vidya Samiti, academic and administrative audit and inspection committee visited the college and practiced work process for academic and administrative concern. The chairman of the committee has made some suggestions to the college for academic improvement as follows
weaknesses of the college :
No organisation of conference ,seminar :
IQAC has submitted a proposal for one day National level Seminar on” The role of Academic and Administrative Audit for Quality Enhancement in Educational Institute” on dated .4/3/2016...
Department of Political Science and Department of History has sent reminder letter for one day state level seminar
Lack of innovative practices :
Innovative practices like counselling for students regarding physical and psychological problems and financial aid for economically poor students are in practice Research Committee motivated The students to prepare and present research papers of their respective subjects, Department of commerce sent students in Big Bazaar for training , Department of NCC and NSS Motivated heir students in social activities, Department of Home Science motivated their students to display food stalls.
Collaboration activities not seen :
The college has planned to start collaborative activities with different organizations
Cocurricular, Extension, Evaluation activities are meagre:
Department of NCC and NSS Always involved in extension activities like Awareness programme and rallies, the evaluation activities like surprise test , openbook test, group discussion orals are conducted time to time .
Add on and need based short term courses
Work Culture needs to be inculcated among Teaching and Non Teaching staff
Challenges to the college: Collaboration activities and consultancy through MOUs and Agreements:
The college has planned to start collaborative activities with different organizations
Organisation of seminar ,conference ,workshop:
IQAC has submitted a proposal for one day National level Seminar on” The role of Academic and Administrative Audit for Quality Enhancement in Educational Institute” on date 4/3/2016 The College promotes faculty and students to attend workshops in other colleges organized under lead college schemes
To start PG departments:
The college has planned to start PG departments
To enhance research culture:
The college encourages the faculty for Minor Reaearch Project and to participate in National and International ,Conferences ,Workshops along with their research papers
To activate and Motivate the facultyfor ICT , coaching , Mentoring and extracurricular activities:
The faculty to uses modern teaching aids like overhead projector and to deliver lecture using PPT.
Opportunities of the college: To start PG courses in Home Science and other subjects
To Organization of conference, seminar .workshops :
IQAC has submitted a proposal for one day National level Seminar on” The role of Academic and Administrative Audit for Quality Enhancement in Educational Institute” on dated 4/3/2016 The College promotes faculty and students to attend workshops in other colleges organized under lead college schemes
To start short term courses for women
College has planned to start short term courses.
Recommendations for quality enhancement of the college: Library be fully computerised – Library is totally computerised and one software from Biyani software company has been installed
To start research activities – The college always promotes the faculty for the research work three minor research projects are completed and one is under process,
78 Research articles are published, Fifty two research papers are presented in various seminars,workshops and conferences,Participation of faculty in seminar, workshop is 96
Organization of seminars workshop –
Three one day workshops have been organized by lead college committee under Shivaji university schemes on following topics
Telling Tales –
IQAC has submitted a proposal for one day National level Seminar on” The role of Academic and Administrative Audit for Quality Enhancement in Educational Institute” on dated 4/3/2016.
Collaboration activities and more MOU be signed Social activities have been conducted in collaboration with Rotary Club Ichalkaranji .and Local self Government .
The college has planned to sign MOUs
Internal Complaints Committee be established be established :
The college has planned to establish Internal Complaints Committee
Use of ICT in Teaching be promoted : The faculty members use LCD projector and visual presenter