The Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the IQAC
All NAAC accredited institutions will submit an annual self-reviewed progress report to NAAC, through its IQAC. The report is to detail the tangible results achieved in key areas, specifically identified by the institutional IQAC at the beginning of the academic year. The AQAR will detail the results of the perspective plan worked out by the IQAC. (Note: The AQAR period would be the Academic Year. For example, July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2013) Part – A
AQAR for the year (for example 2013-14) 1. Details of the Institution Sree Chaitanya College, Habra
2.14 Significant Activities and contributions made by IQAC
Initiating an organized approach towards academics from the early stages of admission policy formation, conducting admission process and regular running of classes.
Organizing administrative activities by providing relevant tables etc. for effective data collection and retention.
Initiating environmental awareness among students through cultural and social activities.
Involvement of all teachers in admission process.
Conducting seminars/workshops exclusively for Non-teaching Staff.
Computer literacy programme for Non-teaching Staff.
Conducting quality related seminar/workshop for teachers.
Creating an Eco-friendly environment within the college campus.
2.15 Plan of Action by IQAC/Outcome
The plan of action chalked out by the IQAC in the beginning of the year towards quality
enhancement and the outcome achieved by the end of the year
Plan of Action
Academic 1. Regular Class tests in all departments
2. Extra classes and Tutorial classes to be taken after the completion of syllabus.
3. Students project (where applicable) to be initiated
4. Students seminar- Students to deliver talks on topics within syllabus
5. Extension lectures- Departments to organize lectures by eminent teachers of other colleges/ universities
6. Inter-departmental classes- Teachers to take few classes on inter-disciplinary topics in collaboration with other departments.
7. To ensure that by the end of this academic year students of all departments get the benefit of ICTs
8. To organize parent-teachers meet in all departments
9. To initiate the process of introducing some career oriented courses in our college
1. Regular class tests are held in all departments
2. Extra classes and tutorial classes are taken in and around test examinations.
5. Most of the departments have organized extension lectures that have enriched the academic experience of students
6. A large number of departments have successfully taken such classes benefiting students to a great extent
7. Four ICT aided class-rooms have already been allotted to science departments and one to Humanities departments
8. Such meetings were conducted in most of the departments. Both students as well as teachers benefitted from these exchange of views and suggestions.
9. Subjects like Travel and Tourism, Physical Education and Computer Science have already been applied for at the affiliating university and hope to be sanctioned by next academic year
Cultural 1. Freshers’ Welcome, Reunion and Teachers’ Day to be observed in all departments.
2. At least one department-specific programme in all department
1. Observed in all departments
2. On its way to success
Social Responsibilities 1.Organizing essay and painting competition among the students on socially and morally relevant issues
2. Introduction of Career Guidance Cell, Counselling Cell, Women’s Cell and Campus Film Society to enhance the awareness level of students
3. Health related functions for students and staff
1. Organized in June 2015
2. Formation and inauguration of all the cells have been completed. All the cells are currently functional.
3. Discussions and workshops carried out on health related topics
To organize drives and spread awareness so that by the end of this academic year the college campus can be rendered to plastic free zone.
Programme for NTS 1.Computer Literacy Programme for NTS
2. Quality related workshop for good governance
1.Will be held after the Puja Vacation
2. Will be held after the Puja Vacation
* Attach the Academic Calendar of the year as Annexure. (Annexure III attached)
2.16 Whether the AQAR was placed in statutory body Yes No
Management Syndicate Any other body
Provide the details of the action taken The complete AQAR was placed in the Governing Body meeting of 11/07/2015. The members were provided with the copies of AQAR. The GB unanimously accepted / passes the AQAR.
Part – B
Criterion – I 1. Curricular Aspects 1.1 Details about Academic Programmes