The Rosemark Church of God In Christ is offering scholarship awards to help deserving students reach their educational goals. These scholarship awards were established to provide minority students with an opportunity to attend an institution of higher education. The John A. Greer Scholarship Award is a minority scholarship offered to outstanding African American, American Indian/Alaskan Native, Asian Pacific Islander American, or Hispanic American students who reside or attend schools in the Millington and Arlington areas. The Cordell Award is a merit-based scholarship open to all students who meet the selection requirements. This one-time scholarship of $500.00 is for a graduating high school senior who is entering a college or university for the first time to study any discipline of interest. Please take care when filling out the application, as your responses are very important for consideration of the awards.
____ John A. Greer Scholarship _____Cordell Award Scholarship
1. Applicants must be a high school graduate at Arlington High School, Millington High School, or Bolton High School or a member of the Rosemark Church. Applicants must submit a high school transcript verifying a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative G.P.A.
2. Submit a letter of recommendation from each category and include contact information:
b. A church leader and/or staff member (excluding the Pastor/Wife)
Recommendations must list activities in their particular category (i.e. Church leaders must include church activities only, School faculty must include school activities only)
3. Must be pursuing an undergraduate degree, full-time, to be eligible.
4. Preference given to minority students.
1. Please complete application thoroughly, in neat print.
2. Please attach an essay of no more than 1,000 words in length (must be typed and double-spaced) that addresses the following: “Today’s Learners, Tomorrow’s Leaders.” Please provide specific information about your educational goals.
3. All applications must be post marked by March 25, 2016 to be considered. Applications post marked after March 25, 2016 will not be considered (faxed or email applications will not be accepted).
Send your completed application and essay to the following address:
Date of Birth_______________________________ Race _________________
High School _______________________________ Expected Date of Graduation ________________
Expected Institution of Attendance ______________________________________________________
Expected Area of Study_______________________________________________________________
I certify that all information provided on this application is true and that I have not willingly withheld or falsified any pertinent information. I will use scholarship funds for educational purposes only. I give permission for my information to be released for publication purposes only.
Applicant Signature _____________________________________________ Date _________________