CCEO-AP The Accredited Professional designation is an approved program sponsored by the
Chamber of Commerce Executives of Ohio to recognize professional standards & achievements.
1. To recognize the professional competency of chamber of commerce executives in the State of Ohio.
2. To provide professional certification to be included with the executive’s profile, biography and resume.
3. To encourage chamber of commerce boards of directors to recognize the level of expertise compiled by a professional chamber of commerce executive.
1. Executives that meet the criteria established for the Accredited Professional designation will be recognized at a CCEO conference. At an appropriate local meeting, a CCEO representative will present a lapel pin and official certificate.
2. Re-accreditation will be required after five (5) years. An appropriate lapel pin shall be presented at a CCEO conference following each re-accreditation. Criteria for re-accreditation shall include the following:
a. Five (5) additional years of service as a chamber of commerce manager.
b. Thirty-five (35) points of ongoing training and participation.
Criteria for accreditation:
1. A minimum of 60 total points is required to receive the Accredited Professional designation. An Accreditation Review Committee appointed by the President of CCEO will award points.
2. Applicant must have at least 5 years of continuous service as a manager of a chamber of commerce.
3. Applicant must be a member in good standing of CCEO at time of application and the CCEO-AP presentation.
4. Applicant must be able to specify activities and conference/meeting attendance that occurred during the five years immediately prior to application.
Summary of Requirements
Minimum of five years of continuous service as a manager of a chamber of commerce.
Enrolled in U.S. Chamber of Commerce Institute for Organization Management and/or designation as Certified Chamber Executive (CCE) or Certified Association Executive (CAE) by the American Chamber of Commerce Executives (ACCE) and/or at least 5 or more years of senior business and/or non-profit management experience. Each year of business/non-profit management experience earns 1 point. Each year of Institute earns 3 points. Each year of Institute of Advanced Management (IAM), formerly known as “PGS” or “Academy” is worth 2 additional points. CCE and/or CAE designation earns 6 points. Point credits for equivalent experience is at the discretion of the Accreditation Review Committee.
Maximum of 14 points @ 2 points each for each CCEO conference over a minimum of three years.
Maximum of 6 points @ 2 points each for other conferences/meetings over a minimum of three years.
Minimum of 12 points @ 4 points each for each leadership role established.
Maximum of 8 points @ 2 points each for each local leadership role.
Maximum of 6 points for essay on chamber management. (Essay waived for CCE and/or CAE designates).
A letter of recommendation from chief elected officer.
A $50 application fee.
1st-time application on next two pages.
Ohio Accrediting Program for Chamber of Commerce Executives
City/State: ________________________________________________________ Zip: _______________________
Telephone: _____________________________________ E-mail: ________________________________
History of employment as a manager in a chamber of commerce:
No. of years of continuous chamber management: _____
1. Attach proof of U.S. Chamber of Commerce Institute for Organization Management attendance and/or American Chamber of Commerce Executives designation as CCE and/or CAE, and/or history of employment in senior level business and/or non-profit management. Institute attendee earns 3 points per completed year. Each IAM year is worth 2 additional points. CCE and CAE designation earns 6 points. Each year job experience is worth 1 point.
Point credits for equivalent experience is at the discretion of the Accreditation Review Committee.
1. Points _____
2. Indicate dates of attendance at a minimum of three CCEO conferences or workshops over a minimum three-year period. Maximum of 14 points @ 2 points for each conference.
_____ Other (must be approved by Accreditation Review Committee)
6. Points _____
(Max. 8 pts.)
7. REQUIRED (waived for CCE and CAE designees). Maximum of 6 points.
Provide an essay of 250 words (or less) describing your philosophy of chamber management.
7. Points _____
(Max. 6 pts.)
Total points items 1 - 6 (to be calculated by Review Committee): ________ Minimum of 60
NOTE: Points earned in items 2 - 5 must have been accomplished in the five years immediately prior to application. 8. Attach a letter of recommendation from your chief elected officer.
9. Enclose check payable to CCEO for $50 application fee, which includes a non-refundable $10 processing fee.