Positions are part-time (0-24 hours)
To provide Custodial Services to the York Community.
- General cleaning of all public circulating areas throughout the campus.
- Clean and sanitize public washrooms.
- Spot washing of walls.
- Removal of garbage and recycle materials in classrooms, computer labs, lecture halls and hallways.
- Reconfigure classrooms and lecture hall furniture.
- Wipe clean white and chalkboards.
- Mop floors to pick up spills and at building entrances to remove salt.
- Wipe clean glass partitions and entrance glasses.
- Wipe clean elevator walls.
- Pick up floods if called upon to do so.
- Poster removal.
- Use auto scrubbers to clean corridors.
- Clean main stairwells.
- Other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Assignments in Housing are required to clean apartments / units between tenancies.
Ability to operate and use Custodial equipment such as: polishers, shampoo equipment, ladders, carts, hand trucks, wet and dry vacuum, etc.
Successful applicant must obtain a W.H.M.I.S. certificate prior to the completion of the probationary period.
1 year experience in providing custodial/cleaning services.
Demonstrated ability to speak, read, write, comprehend and sustain conversations in English is essential.